SoCal Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countertop Thopters

3 posters

Go down

Countertop Thopters Empty Re: Countertop Thopters

Post by NathanS2k Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 am

I think this deck is much stronger, hands down. I'm kind of scared to go up against it, unlike your old Countertop deck. You kept it 2 colors with much more basic lands. Decks like mine would definitely have trouble going up against it. I can't mana-fuck you with Wasteland, you could just save your counters for my hand disruption spells then drop like a Moat down and Jace-away for the win. affraid

NathanS2k

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanS2k Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:33 am

Stifle wrote:Ok, Alex... you win. I'll keep the Moat in and take out the Oblivion Ring slot for Ensnaring Bridge.

Good call....I think Moat is some of the cards mad aggro decks splash green for obvious reasons.

NathanS2k

Back to top Go down

Post by NesTea Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 am

play 4x spell pierce instead of counterspells and you're good to go.

NesTea

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonius Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 pm

I never liked Enlightened Tutor. Card Disadvantage is... =(

Play Predict. It's like standstill, but for Countertop decks. I could see Predict Countertop Walkers (like my old UWr list) being pretty strong in the post survival metagame.

Also, I tested CounterThop for a while during the summer. It's good when you get it, but the cards are so dead by themselves and the whole thing is still answered by Krosan Grip. When you're facing down multiple nacatls, goyfs or Tombstalkers, you can't afford to have cards that just do nothing by themselves. Especially when your deck has no form of CA.

Antonius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down