SoCal Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning cards?

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning cards? Empty Cleaning cards?

Post by 2Rach Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I got a couple EEs with finger prints/maybe oil on them and was wondering what I could do to clean that up without damaging the cards(soaking them or whatever). Let me know of your experience with this please.

2Rach

Back to top Go down

Cleaning cards? Empty Re: Cleaning cards?

Post by Koby Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm

very slightly Damp rag soaked in alcohol. maybe even a sponge. IDK i don't eat cheetos when I play unsleeved.

Koby

Back to top Go down

Post by keys Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 pm

I've cleaned up older cards with a slightly moistened q-tip. Just dip the end of the q-tip in water and then squeeze it out so most of the water drains (you don't want excess water absorbing into the card stock). Use it like an eraser to gently wipe away dirt and grime. If you're careful, it won't damage the cards at all. If the cards are really dirty you might need to use several q-tips (if they turn black, time to replace). I cleaned up the white boarders on a bunch of dirty duals this way.
keys
keys

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Rach Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Koby wrote:very slightly Damp rag soaked in alcohol. maybe even a sponge. IDK i don't eat cheetos when I play unsleeved.
I dislike cheetos. I traded for these cards and didn't check them in the light beforehand. You can only see the fingerprints in the right light.

I'll try these tips(pun not intended), thanks guys.

2Rach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down