SoCal Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengetuition (U/G/b Vengevine)

4 posters

Go down

Vengetuition (U/G/b Vengevine) Empty Re: Vengetuition (U/G/b Vengevine)

Post by panderalexander Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:35 am

I ran in to the deck on MWS and beat it easily. It does not have the resiliance Survival had. Survival was a consistent kill WITH fast toolbox answers for anything. Just like that Keys guy said on the Countertop thread on the source forums when discussing this deck, "bull shit". It may become a good deck, but never to Survival's level nor will it be tier 1, maybe 1.5 at best.

Also, Rico put it best here:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?19547-So-Many-Insane-Plays-Decoding-the-DCI&p=509985&viewfull=1#post509985

As well as the rest of the discussion.
panderalexander
panderalexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Koby Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 am

MWS isn't a tool to test the your opponents' skills. You won't learn much about the matchup from their play.

This deck lacks the consistency that Survival has, but contains much more explosive starts. Compare this with the mono green Vengevine list I was running before I started running more utility to take advantage of Survival.

I wouldn't discount this deck so quickly, there are some versions that are even more resistant to traditional hate than you could expect. I should have a list ready by the first week of 2011 to test with.

Koby

Back to top Go down

Post by panderalexander Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:02 am

Playing against GP Toronto Legacy event winner Felix with that deck is not a test of opponents skill I guess. Most my friends on MWS are pretty skilled, I tend not to go looking for some random guy with affinity or mono-black on MWS.

Read my whole post, I never discounted the deck, infact I said it might be good. I agree it has more explosives starts, but I believe it can be handled better. I just said it will never be at the level of Survival which is true.
panderalexander
panderalexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Koby Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:08 am

Yes, I suppose a deck that plays 0 Survival is no match for a deck that plays 4 Survival. But that's old news considering Survival is banned.

Koby

Back to top Go down

Post by panderalexander Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:12 am

Touche, and I hope to see the new deck do well. I think the deck can be a good tier 1.5 deck that'll add more diversity to the format.
panderalexander
panderalexander

Back to top Go down

Post by AE86 Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

No surprise survival were banned but I hold on to them anway. Tend to hold cards not in use. My next deck will be this because I still gots vengevines or new horizon.
AE86
AE86

Back to top Go down

Post by lorddotm Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:06 pm

panderalexander wrote:I ran in to the deck on MWS and beat it easily. It does not have the resiliance Survival had. Survival was a consistent kill WITH fast toolbox answers for anything. Just like that Keys guy said on the Countertop thread on the source forums when discussing this deck, "bull shit". It may become a good deck, but never to Survival's level nor will it be tier 1, maybe 1.5 at best.

Also, Rico put it best here:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?19547-So-Many-Insane-Plays-Decoding-the-DCI&p=509985&viewfull=1#post509985

As well as the rest of the discussion.

keys is my amigo Bryan.

Also, quoting Rico is dumb, the fool is a moron. He fails to recognize that Emrakul is much easier to answer than 3 4/3s.
lorddotm
lorddotm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum